Nice Furnace Tune-Up & Repair Services
Serving Northern Virginia & the DMV Area
For professional gas, electric, and oil furnace repair, call Nice Heating & Air. We service the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.
When your furnace goes out, don’t delay before getting it repaired. A malfunctioning furnace can put your home and your family at risk. Call Nice Heating & Air for furnace repair to stay nice and warm in the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.
Need your furnace replaced? Learn about our furnace installation services.
A furnace can be one of the most expensive appliances in your home. Because of this, you need it to work well and last a long time. The key to extending the longevity of your furnace is proper maintenance. Follow these tips to keep your furnace functioning properly:
- Schedule a yearly inspection before winter. This tune-up and routine maintenance call allows the furnace contractors to detect and repair any issues before the cold weather hits.
- Replace filters regularly. You should replace your furnace filters about every three months. A clean filter keeps dust, pet dander, and other particles from building up in your furnace.
- Install a carbon monoxide monitor. A carbon monoxide monitor is important to the safety of you and your family. Your monitor should be inspected regularly to ensure it is working properly. Wipe away any dust that collects on it and change the batteries regularly to keep it functioning.
- Examine your furnace ducts. Furnace ducts must be examined to make sure they are sealed properly and aren’t leaking hot air.
- Check the blower. The blower should be inspected to make sure there are no obstructions. It might also have to be lubricated.
- Inspect inside the furnace chamber. The furnace chamber should be examined to look for any defects, including rust, holes, and separated seams.
- Clean the burners. The burners should be cleaned with fresh water to remove any dust and debris.
- Clean the sensor and pilot. The sensor and pilot should be cleaned with a wire brush and an emery cloth.
- Inspect the “high limit.” The “high limit” on the furnace should be checked to prevent overheating. The gas meter should also be clocked to check the rate of fuel usage.
- Clean around the furnace. Keep the area around the furnace clean and unobstructed for safety and accessibility.
Like all appliances in your home, occasionally your furnace will malfunction and need repairs. The goal is to catch the issue before it causes your furnace to break down in the middle of winter. Some signs that your unit needs to be serviced by a furnace contractor include:
- Short-cycling: If your furnace runs for less than three minutes at a time before it shuts off, it could indicate a malfunctioning heat exchanger. It could also signal that your thermostat needs to be recalibrated.
- Irregular flames: The burners on your furnace should have relatively even rows of flames. If the flames are uneven or if they lean toward the back of the furnace, it could indicate your burners are dirty or the heat exchanger is cracked. Cracked heat exchangers should be inspected immediately, as this can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Unusual sounds: Unusual sounds coming from your furnace, such as rumbling, popping, or whistling, can signal a problem with your furnace.
- Cracked heat exchanger: If you or anyone in your household has frequent headaches or flu-like symptoms, the heat exchanger on your furnace may be cracked and you may have a carbon monoxide leak. You should evacuate the house immediately.
Nice Heating & Air repairs all kinds of furnaces, including oil, gas, and electric furnaces.
While many problems with a furnace can be repaired, sometimes it is simply not worth the cost, depending on the age of your furnace and the nature of the problem. If your furnace is just a few years old or it has a minor problem like a faulty igniter or flame sensor, repair is almost always the most cost-effective option. If your furnace is over 10 years old, it is starting to have frequent problems, or it has had a major part fail, such as the blower motor or heat exchanger, it may be time to consider a replacement. At Nice Heating & Air, we can help you make the most appropriate choice for your needs, regardless of if you have an oil, gas, or electric furnace. Plus we offer both furnace repair and furnace replacement at prices that are fair, cost-effective, and nicely tailored to your budget.
For help deciding between furnace repair and replacement in your Northern Virginia home, call (703) 884-2376 or contact our team online today.
Everyone wants to lower their energy bills in the winter months. One way to do this is to make your furnace more energy-efficient. You can accomplish this by:
- Using a programmable thermostat to control the temperature in your home.
- Making sure your air ducts are in good working condition.
- Making sure that your home is well insulated.
- Scheduling regular maintenance visits with a furnace contractor.
- Regularly changing the furnace filters.
- Letting sunlight into your home to add heat.
Call Nice Heating & Air at (703) 884-2376 for reliable furnace repair services in the Alexandria and Springfield, VA areas.
Why Choose Nice Heating & Air for Furnace Repair?
At Nice Heating & Air, we are proud to serve our neighbors throughout Alexandria and Northern Virginia, and we will go to great lengths to ensure that our customers are 100% satisfied. We provide solid, high-quality services that improve the comfort and efficiency of your home, and our company strives to forge long-lasting relationships with our customers that are based on:
To learn more about the benefits of choosing Nice Heating & Air for furnace repairs in Alexandria, Lorton, or Woodbridge, call (703) 884-2376 or contact us online.
Furnace Repair FAQs
Nice Heating & Air installs and repairs all kinds of furnaces, including oil, gas, and electric furnaces.
Most furnaces will last 10 years with proper maintenance, while some models may last up to 20.
The most important things you can do to avoid furnace breakdowns are to change the air filter often, have problems repaired as soon as they are found, and schedule preventative furnace maintenance at least once a year.
If your furnace stops working, make sure the thermostat is set properly and has power. Check your service panel to ensure that the breakers for the furnace have not tripped, and make sure that the air filter is not clogged. Turn power to the furnace off, then back on, and if it does not start, call a professional for help.
Sometimes the heat exchanger can be repaired or replaced, but often, the costs to do so can approach the price of a new, more efficient system, so a furnace replacement is likely the best option.
Carbon monoxide is a potentially deadly gas that you cannot see, smell, or taste. It is produced by malfunctioning fuel-burning appliances, and the only way to detect it is with a quality carbon monoxide detector. There should be at least one in every home that has a furnace or other fuel-burning appliances.
We Offer Nice & Friendly Service!
the Surrounding Areas
Maintenance Plan! It’s the NICEST way to gain comfort.